Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pilot

I have many loves.

I love my husband. I love the true and everlasting God that I serve. I love to write and unfortunately, I love food.

Here's what I don't love: exercise. Oh, and salad. And more recently, I'm not in love with my level of health. So what am I to do?  I'm embarking on a journey... and I'm inviting you to come along with me. I'm asking you to keep me accountable, and yes, I'm talking to you, the world wide web.

I plan on being honest - so here's the first bit of truth: this morning for breakfast I had a diet Dr. Pepper and two Christmas tree cakes. Yep, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. It's not going to be easy, but I'm doing it.

Through my feeble attempts at being healthy in the past, I have learned a couple things. First off, planning is key. You have to plan everything so you're not left vulnerable to eating out or snacking on hot tamales and a soda for dinner. : )

Today's lunch was trail mix and a bagel... ok, not that great but give me a break! I've got to get the hang of this!

This is going to be a work in process for me, so for now, I will start with posting one meal at a time. Tonight, we're having Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi from Cooking Light.

Today's Total: 1,723 Calories

Diet Dr. Pepper 
2 Christmas Tree Cakes - 400 (Gulp!)
Trail Mix - 130
32 oz. water 
Cinnamon Bagel - 270
Trail Mix - 130
Cream (for coffee) - 30
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi - 403
Popcorn - 40
Chocolate Ice Cream - 320

I admit, I ended this day horribly. But it's my first day, so from now on - I'll be better planned! It has opened my eyes to how quickly things can add up.

I can't think of anything that is better paired with a meal than precious words from the Book of Life. My heart belongs there, and there is no better closing to a day.

"... And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." - Ephesians 3:17b-19

No comments:

Post a Comment