Friday, December 3, 2010

Piggies

This morning a co-worker accidentally left some dog treats in her pockets, she laughed about them and put them on my desk to show me. After talking about our crazy furry children, she walked off and forgot them. Ok, you know it's bad when dog treats make your mouth water. Now before you start judging me and calling me crazy, they look just like pigs in a blanket! I haven't had those in years, but today, I got the craving! : )

See for yourself!











So yesterday was definitely a success compared to the day before. My goal is to stay around 1,500 calories a day, and yesterday I came short. Today I will revamp my approach by eating more in the morning so that I don't end up engorging myself at night to make up for calories. Mmmmm, I enjoyed a cinnamon swirl bagel and a peanut butter granola bar.

Last night Daniel tried to sabotage me by begging me to make puppy chow. Oh Lord, did I silently pray that this stumbling block would be removed from my path of straight and narrow waistlines! I was ready to cave, I really was, for his sake. When we visited my brother we discovered that his lovely wife had made puppy chow earlier in the week and had some leftover. This is Daniel about a minute after we left.

 That bag of puppy chow didn't stand a chance.











Today for lunch, I will enjoy a rather bland Lean Cuisine meal. Don't feel sorry for me though, because tonight I'm having Seared Scallops with Fresh Linguine and Romano Cheese. Wish me luck, I've been watching way too many chef-wannabes being yelled at for under or overcooked scallops so I'm nervous.

Today's Total: 1335

Bagel - 270
Granola Bar - 100
Water - 16 oz.
Lean Cuisine -300
Almonds - 170
Seared Scallops with Fresh Linguine and Romano Cheese  - 495

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment